Have you explored these travel destinations in Australia? This guest post by Andrea Jayson of www.ukbaguide.co.uk takes us through some highlights and must-sees.
Attractions sites in Sydney are many but the major ones are;
- Sydney opera house is such an eye opener that you can’t afford to miss when you are in Australia. The building is located on the north shore in the Sydney harbour. It is a great architectural piece with stunning shape which is a wonderful attractions for tourists.
- Queen Victoria Building was built in the last century and is one the oldest buildings in the city. This building houses old-world cafes and hundreds of specialty shops
- Hyde Park is the home to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Majestic fig-trees that line the path to the tomb brings the much needed cooling effect to the area unlike other places which are warm and humid.
- Surry Hills is found inside the city and is an entertainment spot where you find people from all walks of life. It is an ideal place where you can take your meals in restaurants and drinks in one the many bars.
- Australia being a coastal city has several beaches where you can engage in swimming, sport fishing and surfing.
- The national park in the outskirts of the city is home to wild animals such as kangaroo and koala
- Uluru is a world heritage site found in the heart of Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park.
- The place boasts of rich indigenous culture and acts as a spiritual centre, and there are guides to guide you.
- At different times of the day the colour of rocks in the area change from pink to blood red to mauve. Array of colours produced can make you think they are created by artists.
- View the sacred sites from a helicopter or take a motorcycle or camel ride through the desert to observe the landscape.
- Sounds of Silence is the perfect place to wind up your day. Several Australia dishes such as barramundi, kangaroo and crocodile, complemented with fine Australia wines are served.
- Royal exhibition building in manicured Carlton Gardens is one of the world’s oldest remaining exhibition pavilions.
- Great Ocean road offers a variety of tourist attractions. There are sandy beaches where people engage in surfing. Tourists can also engage in fishing in the several fishing villages.
- Tangled rainforest is characterised by indigenous trees and vegetation and is home to a wide range of bird species.
- Salamanca Place is a perfect place to wander along its cobblestone streets observing its different sceneries.
- People who like hiking should go to Mount Wellington. It is such an interesting adventure to climb to the top in the company of a guide or fellow hikers.
- Visit Cataract gorge and explore the World Heritage wilderness around Cradle Mountain.
Accommodation facilities in these destinations are world class. They include;
- Hotels- There are both middle class hotels and luxury hotels that you can book.
- Restaurants- Restaurants are found all over and you can purchase cheap meals.
- Hostels- hostels charge low prices and visitors are allowed to cook.
If you are not an Australia citizen you should research early about visa and customs requirements. All tourists need a passport and completed Incoming Passenger Card and all except Australians and New Zealand citizen must carry a valid visa. Visit Ukba and apply for these documents early to avoid any inconveniences.