Spotted at a bus station in The Hague. Can you identify all these icons?
I’m not sure if this is an advertising campaign or simply a space filler. It seems that it’s representing “typical Dutch” things….can you guess them all? What else do you think should be there?
The overall style is in “Delft Blue”. Then, from left to right, row by row:
- Traditional dress – is there a name for this?
- What are those music things in the market called?
- A record?
- Royal city The Hague, residence of the House of Orange
- Alkmaar cheese markets
- NS railway
- Schiphol airport
- ? Rijksmuseum?
- Rembrant? Golden age paintings
- Casette tape?
- Peanut Butter/Pindakaas
- First country in the world to legalise same sex marriage
Icons that should perhaps also be added:
- ? What else? – Comment below!